Friday, July 29, 2011

The end of Harry Potter . . . . I'm sad

I saw the final chapter of Harry Potter this past weekend and while the movie follows the book (mostly) I am sad on two points. That my addiction to a book, to a set of characters and to their journey has come to an end. The second point was the final movie. I so enjoyed the first three. There were fabulous, igniting my imagination and causing me to salivate over the prospect of seeing the next film. Then came films 4-7. Don't get me wrong I love love them, but they could have been so much better. For a series such as this, couldn't they have figured out something other than resorting to the need to wear 3D glasses, which in my opinion weren't needed. I understand now why books sometimes outrank their movie counterparts. Think of all your favorite books that have been changed into film, they never quite catch the essence. While this one came very close . . . . it didn't hit the mark. Farewell Harry, you will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment