Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Motivation vs/ Procrastination

When I wrote Broken Birds, The Story of My Momila, my first book, the words came to me quickly. Luckily I type really really fast. My motivation . . . pain. The hurt I was experiencing had to come out some place and they did on the pages of that book. I am now suffering from procrastination. My second book, which is totally finished in my mind, is coming up against procrastination. That long P word in reality is fear of failure. What if I can't write a "successful" book again? No I haven't sold millions of copies, I'm sorry to say, but the reviews are very good. What if I write this next book, and people don't like it?
If I want to write again, and I do, then I have to face my fear of failure and get down to some real writing.
AND I WILL.

No comments:

Post a Comment