Sunday, June 27, 2010

My writing style

I had a very interesting discussion with someone about my book, and his sentiment, which was repeated by others, was not to change my style in the next books I write. BUT when I read books on proper writing techniques I see that there are many things I do wrong. I use too many adverbs, ings, and don't have a great pre-plan about my book's ebbs and flows. I have started the next book and am trying to incorporate some things I have learned via my books, while maintaining my own personal style. Let's see if I can do it.

1 comment:

  1. Are you familiar with ANN RULE? I'm a big fan of hers. She's a true crime writer and the reason why her books sell is primarily her consistency in catering to the whims of her followers. She has one writing technique that she sticks with-she writes from the heart and narrates incidents in the most honest, reasonable, and chronological order.

    ReplyDelete